The house, located at 2839 Ashby Ave. in the Elmwood neighborhood, was built in 1912 in the Craftsman style, and is exceptionally light, airy, and open, with (mostly) large rooms and high ceilings. There are six bedrooms (including two with private bathrooms), large living and dining rooms, and a variety of other spaces. The building is in need of cosmetic fix-up, but needs no significant structural work. A copy of the most recent inspection is available here: July2014Inspection.pdf
The house was the former residence of Dr. Elias Katz, Florence Ludins-Katz, and Pearl Rand; their shared legacy of social justice, art, and community living informs our vision for Ludins House.